Monday, November 12, 2012

Desert Dust


          I never knew what the desert sun felt like until I stepped out of the air conditioned van in Moab, Utah with my group of friends and felt it firsthand.  Standing outside of Poison Spider Bicycles with my rented bike and a hydration bladder full of the finest well water west of the Mississippi, I was ready to explore the slick rock across the Colorado River and past Arches National Park.  We arrived at M.O.A.B. Brand Trails and rode the red sand and slick rock double and single-track trails for the next couple hours.  After having a sandwich out of the van a few of us settled on riding the Old Highway blacktop back to Moab.  The majority of the ride was downhill which was totally alright with us as the warm wind flapped my shirt, making a loud whipping noise that only the lizards and I could hear.  Once back in Moab we dropped the bikes off and thanked the staff at PSB for their services and friendliness in allowing us to have an unforgettable experience mountain biking through Abbey's country.  Until next time, I will reminisce on the culture and lifestyles of the wild, wild west.

No comments:

Post a Comment